cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks not alerting when devices go down etc...

Our Ciscoworks server is not alerting us when devices go down, high utilization etc...

Is looks like a service is down or one process has hung.

When I go into Alert and Event Sets, they do not show up.

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.1

Campus Manager 5.0.2

Cisco View 6.1.7

Device Fault Manager 3.0.4

Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.0.1

Integration Utility 1.7.1

RME 4.1.1

I upgraded to DFM 3.0.4 and this still is not working. I ran a net start and a pdshow on the Ciscowork server. Is there anything else I can check for this.

What service can I restart / stop to get our Alerts working again

Thanks

Anthony.

5 Replies 5

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Your pdshow.txt shows everything from the application side running normally.

Are your devices actually in DFM and known ?

Do you have notification groups configured ?

Hi,

DFM was originally working with Notification Groups setup as normal and type of alerts setup.

To describe it better, I have taken a few screen grabs.

In Notification and Event Sets all the alerts are missing hence why I thought that a service wasn't started.

Also, I am getting a TomCat error in Notification Page.

Thanks for your help.

I hope the screen grab tell more.

Anthony

The tomcat 500 error speaks volumes. Whats your CPU utilization look like (you're going to need to do a "net stop crmdmgtd" , wait for completion then "net start crmdmgtd"

Could you post your DFMOGSServer.log and DfmLogService.log or just take a look in there to see whats not going on ?

Hi,

THe CPU utilization is hovering around 7%. I have already done a net stop crmdmgtd and a net start crmdmgtf a few times and I have also rebooted the server.

To be honest, I cannot see anything wrong with these logs, in the DFMlogserver.log file there are a few errors but I don't know what to do with them.

Thanks

Anthony.

We are having this exact same issue with not receiving alerts and Tomcat error on Notification Group Page.

Was there any resolution for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco