cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enhancement to Reporting

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I had a user request, so I thought I'd pass it along....

"Using the Device Center, another report that would be very, very, helpful, would be a Slot/Module Status report. An abbreviated version of the detailed device report. IOW, what slots are available, which ones are used, and what is available for use. This is what I use the Device View for, to see what slots are being used and what slots are not. The Detailed Device Report gives the slots used, but not the total slot capacity of the box. To find this info you have to look up the capabilities of the box, unless you already know it."

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could talk to your account team/SE to open a PERS (enhancement request) asking for this report to be implemented.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is exactly what the Chassis Slot Summary Report gives you. It tells you the number of available slots on your devices. The Chassis Slot Details report tells the same information in a different format. Are you asking for these reports to be included in the Device Center?

The Chassis Slot Details helps, but doesnt give enough information.

I need to know things like which HWIC slots are used and which are avaiable, same for which NM slots are used or open. The only way I can reliably get this information now is with the Chassis View, as it gives me a picture showing which slot is occupied and with what card, and which slots are available.

Maybe a report that uses the above information, but also includes which slot is avaiable:

Slot Module Card

0/0 HWIC Serial 2T

0/1 HWIC Serial 1T

0/2 HWIC Open

0/3 HWIC Open

1/0 NM T3/E3

1/1 NM Open

1/2 NM Open

1/3 NM Open

You could talk to your account team/SE to open a PERS (enhancement request) asking for this report to be implemented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: