Views
Helpful
Replies

VM-Pilot calling a customer

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am running Call Manager 4.1(3)sr3a at one of my locations with Windows and Unity5x.

A customer complained that some machine is calling his phone number from our pri suffix -2000. When he answers the phone he hears a 4 tones and the call goes dead. He said this started on December 22, 2008 and continues to this day. This happens from 8am to 5pm only. The machine calls him several times per day.

I did a query on the SQL Call Record db and he is correct. “the calling party is 40594 -VM-Pilot 40594 vI95” he is “the final called party 972-7705”. I found the VM-Pilot in CM but I don't now how to track it down from there. I am thinking a trace of some kind will work. Any suggestions to this problem?

Thanks, Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tom,

Just a guess here.This sounds like it might be a Message Notification set for a Subscribers VM account? When new messages are left for this Subscriber,Unity will dial the number in the notification list. This may also explain why this only happens at random times between 8:00AM and 5:00PM. You can try to find this # via the Subscriber Info Dump in the great Unity Tools.

Notification Devices.

This will output the active status and the delivery phone number/email address for all notification devices for all subscribers. If the device is active, the “ACTIVE column will be set to “1”, otherwise it will be “0”. If the delivery phone number or email address is blank a blank column will be output for the DESTINATION column. When you select this option it will show 26 columns for each subscriber (an “ACTIVE” and a “DESTINATION” column for each of the 13 notification devices). The column names used are: HOME_PHONE_ACTIVE, HOME_PHONE_DESTINATION, WORK_PHONE_ACTIVE, WORK_PHONE_DESTINATION, SPARE_PHONE_ACTIVE, SPARE_PHONE_DESTINATION, PAGER_ACTIVE, PAGER_DESTINATION, PAGER_2_ACTIVE, PAGER_2_DESTINATION, PHONE_2_ACTIVE, PHONE_2_DESTINATION, PHONE_3_ACTIVE, PHONE_3_DESTINATION, PHONE_4_ACTIVE, PHONE_4_DESTINATION, PHONE_5_ACTIVE, PHONE_5_DESTINATION, PHONE_6_ACTIVE, PHONE_6_DESTINATION, TEXT_PAGER_1_ACTIVE, TEXT_PAGER_1_DESTINATION, TEXT_PAGER_2_ACTIVE, TEXT_PAGER_2_DESTINATION, TEXT_VMI_ACTIVE, TEXT_VMI_DESTINATION. For Unity 4.0(4) and later the columns SMS_ACTIVE and SMS_DESTINATION are also included.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/SubscriberInformationDump3/SubscriberInfoDump.htm#_Toc37751630

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tom,

Just a guess here.This sounds like it might be a Message Notification set for a Subscribers VM account? When new messages are left for this Subscriber,Unity will dial the number in the notification list. This may also explain why this only happens at random times between 8:00AM and 5:00PM. You can try to find this # via the Subscriber Info Dump in the great Unity Tools.

Notification Devices.

This will output the active status and the delivery phone number/email address for all notification devices for all subscribers. If the device is active, the “ACTIVE column will be set to “1”, otherwise it will be “0”. If the delivery phone number or email address is blank a blank column will be output for the DESTINATION column. When you select this option it will show 26 columns for each subscriber (an “ACTIVE” and a “DESTINATION” column for each of the 13 notification devices). The column names used are: HOME_PHONE_ACTIVE, HOME_PHONE_DESTINATION, WORK_PHONE_ACTIVE, WORK_PHONE_DESTINATION, SPARE_PHONE_ACTIVE, SPARE_PHONE_DESTINATION, PAGER_ACTIVE, PAGER_DESTINATION, PAGER_2_ACTIVE, PAGER_2_DESTINATION, PHONE_2_ACTIVE, PHONE_2_DESTINATION, PHONE_3_ACTIVE, PHONE_3_DESTINATION, PHONE_4_ACTIVE, PHONE_4_DESTINATION, PHONE_5_ACTIVE, PHONE_5_DESTINATION, PHONE_6_ACTIVE, PHONE_6_DESTINATION, TEXT_PAGER_1_ACTIVE, TEXT_PAGER_1_DESTINATION, TEXT_PAGER_2_ACTIVE, TEXT_PAGER_2_DESTINATION, TEXT_VMI_ACTIVE, TEXT_VMI_DESTINATION. For Unity 4.0(4) and later the columns SMS_ACTIVE and SMS_DESTINATION are also included.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/SubscriberInformationDump3/SubscriberInfoDump.htm#_Toc37751630

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob...you are the best!!! Found it..it was a pager in Notification Device...You were right..that was fun.

Thanks TMD

Hi Tom,

You are most welcome my friend! Just a lucky guess :)

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: