Recertification grace period?

Answered Question
Jan 7th, 2009

Can anyone tell me if there is a 30-day grace period at the end of one's 3-year CCNA certification period during which one can still recert? I just realized that my CCNA expired 1/06/09 and am wondering if there is any "window" to recert or if I need to retake the entire CCNA exam. Thank you in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 8 years 2 weeks ago

Hi Mark,

Sadly not. This was nicely posted by Brandon early last year;

Recertification Policy

Question

What is the recertification policy for Cisco Career Certifications?

Answer

In order to recertify, candidates must complete the recertification requirements or progress to the next level of certification while their certification is still valid. Holders of expired certifications must repeat the entire certification exam process in order to regain their certifications.

Certification candidates are responsible for keeping track of their certification expiration dates. Please plan your recertification accordingly. If the recertification requirements are not completed on or before the certification's expiration date, the certification will expire.

***There is no grace period or time extension for completing the recertification requirements.

http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ciscocert.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3702&p_created=1176418651&p_sid=v

Hope this helps! Sorry man!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
rob.huffman Wed, 01/07/2009 - 06:48

Hi Mark,

Sadly not. This was nicely posted by Brandon early last year;

Recertification Policy

Question

What is the recertification policy for Cisco Career Certifications?

Answer

In order to recertify, candidates must complete the recertification requirements or progress to the next level of certification while their certification is still valid. Holders of expired certifications must repeat the entire certification exam process in order to regain their certifications.

Certification candidates are responsible for keeping track of their certification expiration dates. Please plan your recertification accordingly. If the recertification requirements are not completed on or before the certification's expiration date, the certification will expire.

***There is no grace period or time extension for completing the recertification requirements.

http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ciscocert.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3702&p_created=1176418651&p_sid=v

Hope this helps! Sorry man!

Rob

markjhouse Wed, 01/07/2009 - 06:51

Thank you very much Rob! No problem. My oversight. I'll prepare and go for it again!

rob.huffman Wed, 01/07/2009 - 07:04

Hi Mark,

You are most welcome! I hate being the bearer of "bad news"! Best of luck with your upcoming studies. I'm sure that you will have no problems with this re-cert.

Cheers!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion