cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Ghost' ACS Users

joseph.kukis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of cleaning up our ACS DB, by using csutil -i and deleting users. I have one group that says "Group 98(29 Users)", but when I click the 'users in group' button on the group setup screen there are no users displayed, and if I use csutil -u to dump the list of users, it lists Group 98 but with no users under it.

I also have tried compact the database twice using csutil -q -d -n -l , and have had no luck.

Has anyone seen this or do you have any ideas on how I can delete these users that don't seem to be there?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure you backup the db first... then try this.

Edit the dump.txt and locate the groups with wrong number of users. Each group has a ###PROFILEN record (where N is 0 to 500).

The default group is profile 0 and so on.

You'll see a "User Count : " which should be a zero for groups with no users.

To double check things, search for references to that group. For example if it was profile 5 with the problem, search for "PROFILE: 5". This will find any users (shouldnt be any) that think they are still assigned to that group. is actually the TAB control character - csutil uses tabs as delimiters.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure you backup the db first... then try this.

Edit the dump.txt and locate the groups with wrong number of users. Each group has a ###PROFILEN record (where N is 0 to 500).

The default group is profile 0 and so on.

You'll see a "User Count : " which should be a zero for groups with no users.

To double check things, search for references to that group. For example if it was profile 5 with the problem, search for "PROFILE: 5". This will find any users (shouldnt be any) that think they are still assigned to that group. is actually the TAB control character - csutil uses tabs as delimiters.

Good luck!

Awesome, I did as you said, found where it was indicating the wrong number of users, changed it to '0', and reloaded the dump. Everything went smoothly.

Thanks a lot.

jhillend
Level 1
Level 1

The "csutil -q -d -n -l" call should have cleaned it up. Some have performed a full backup followed immediately by a full restore and that has helped. I recommend that you contact the TAC. They have some tools that might help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: