cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP DL380 G5 for UCM

mdaswani
Level 1
Level 1

Will a DL 380 G5 with the quad processor and more than 4 GB of memory work for a UCM 7.x installation?

The Cisco supported specs say a dual processor with 4 GB memory are required and wanted to see if the newest HP server available would be an issue.

Manish

6 Replies 6

but look for what the support is:

Table 41. Supported Servers for Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management Enterprise and Hosted and Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Hosted and Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal

DL380-G5

Dual-processor Xeon 5345 2.33GHz Quad Core

Cisco 7800 Series Media Convergence Servers

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

does not show support for that server yet, only dual processor.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

You're right. In that case, I would err on the safe side and assume it's not supported.

For many vendors (including Cisco), "working" and "supported" are two different things. You could make something working, but it might not be backed by the vendor if they haven't tested it.

i totally agree with you but in this case best guess is that it's not only not supported (at least not right now), but cannot be installed since the PCD is very strict when it comes to HW checking and part numbers to allow installation.

the only real way to find out would be to try to install it, worst case scenario is you'll end up with a message that it's an unsupported platform.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manish,

Just to add a note here to the good info from Java and Michael.Here is a good recent example of where the install of CUCM fails during the Hardware Compatability Check on a HP DL380 G5;

The install fails with the below message:

Critical Error:

The Hardware you are using is not supported for this product. Installation will now halt.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2a0e0

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob and everyone else for your posts...I think this answers my question..

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: