cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install Clean Acces Server/Manager Bundle (ver:4.0in HP Server )

pranavam_dileep
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

can anyone help me to sort out the following issues I faced during the installation of Clean Access Server/Manager in

HP Proliant DL 360 G5

Type:SAS

Controller: HP Smart Array P400 Controller

a. first question is whether I can install both Clean Access Server & Manager in One HP Server

b. After the server boots from the CD it , got pause showing the command " running /sbin / loader.

when I checked it shows " Waiting for the USB device to be stable 20 secs"

c.When I tried to install only the Clean Access Server , after loading anaconda it shows " no valid devices were found o which to create new file systems.Plese check your harware for the problem "

Expecting your valuable reply for the same

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dileep

CAS and CAM comes as a built appliances from cisco.. this isnt like a CUCM, call manager where you get the software and put it on a hardware customizable by you.. the 3300 servers come on different specifications.. have a look at the datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5707/ps8418/ps6128/product_data_sheet0900aecd802da1b5.html

appliances 3350, and 3390 support smart array E200i controllers.. and also SAS raid disks..

b. you need to order atleast 2 boxes/servers, one for CAS and one for CAM.. PAK keys/licenses are important here, because the image can be also downloaded from CCO, even if you lose the CD.. when you order the box, it comes with the base settings.. so, just to brief, you need 1 CAM, 1 CAS , licenses for both, CD's are common for CAS and CAM. its just we have to select the functionlaity at the last step of installation..

Hope this helps.. all the best..

Raj

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Dileep

To answer your first question.. NOOO.. you cannot install CAS and CAM in the same server.. You need to have two different hardware.. When installing the CCA image file, you must actuall select the exact operation of the device.. you select if it is a CAS or CAM.. you need to have valid license to enable th functionality.. if you want to test, cisco has 1 month demo licenses, for you to play around..

Are you trying to re-image the CAS ? Didnt the CAS come with a standard image ? or are you trying to convert a CAS to a CAM ? In any case, you can just download the image from CCO, burn it in a CD, and run it through the server.. it should come up good. just check for the release notes of the image you are trying to install, to make sure you are doing the right thing :) .. well i havent seen the error messages that you posted.. its a new product, so u can see some new error messages :) for me, it just worked fine.. the CAM/ CAS was UP in 15 mins...

Raj

Dear raj,

I have one question regarding HP harware related to CAS / CAM

a.Whether I can Install CAS/CAM in HP Proliant 380 G5 , with type SAS & controller HP Smart Array P400 Controller

b. We have purchased Clean Access Server/Manager Bundle ( 100 Users )license,with Cisco Clean Access & CAS Server CDs.Is this OK?

Expecting your reply

dileep

CAS and CAM comes as a built appliances from cisco.. this isnt like a CUCM, call manager where you get the software and put it on a hardware customizable by you.. the 3300 servers come on different specifications.. have a look at the datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5707/ps8418/ps6128/product_data_sheet0900aecd802da1b5.html

appliances 3350, and 3390 support smart array E200i controllers.. and also SAS raid disks..

b. you need to order atleast 2 boxes/servers, one for CAS and one for CAM.. PAK keys/licenses are important here, because the image can be also downloaded from CCO, even if you lose the CD.. when you order the box, it comes with the base settings.. so, just to brief, you need 1 CAM, 1 CAS , licenses for both, CD's are common for CAS and CAM. its just we have to select the functionlaity at the last step of installation..

Hope this helps.. all the best..

Raj

dear raj,

thanks for the valuable information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: