I'm currently in the process of re-designing QoS for our entire network (LAN & MPLS WAN).
We already have VLAN & IP Address QoS enabled in the core of our network.
In 2008 we implemented MPLS between HQ and 2 Remote/Branch Offices. Each site has a 3 Mbps MPLS connection.
I'm looking for suggestions for Application/Traffic Mapping to QoS DSCP Classes. I've picked up some great real world exampls from these forums, thanks to everyone for that!
Here's a sample list of applications, what would you prioritize and which DSCP Class would you assign to the prioritized applications?
- Active Directory, Kerberos, LDAP, MS CIFS, NetBIOS Datagram, NetBIOS Name Service, NetBIOS Session
- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (Client Virus Definition Downloads)
- SQL TCP Port 1433 (Client/Server)
- Outlook to Exchange Server (Client/Server) - 6 TCP Ports
- Internal Web Applications - HTTP & HTTPS
- Microsoft Network Shares
- Office Communicator Voice & Video Calls - UDP 49152 to 49199 & UDP 492550 to 49399.