cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static NAT from Public IP at ASA to remote site?

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to statically NAT traffic arriving at an ASA out to a server or workstation at a remote site?

To be more specific, I have a data center with a fair sized block of public IP addresses and when travelling I would like to use one of those public addresses to connect to my workstation in a remote office that is connected to the data center via an L2L IPSec tunnel.

Thoughts?

Brian

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Brian

Are you saying that your PC will remain in your remote office, and you want to connect to that from the datacenter ? really could not interpret what you are trying to do ! BTW, NAT's can help you doing this, but I wanted to know specifically what do you want to do.. source, destination , ports, IP's to be specific ? and.. just to remind.. its good to have NAT's configured close to the source.. and if you have ur IPSEC tunnel between datacenter and remote office, isnt that enough to transport private IP traffic over internet ? sorry . didnt get your setup :(

Raj

We use the existing block of Public IPs to RDP from the outside world into servers, workstations etc. that reside in the data center. My office is now on the other side of a 100MB link from the actual data center but I would like to continue to use the same Public IP to get access to my PC from the outside world.

Data Center Private IP space 10.1.XXX.XXX

ASA inside IP address 10.1.0.1 /19

ASA has a Public IP address block on Int.0

My Office is now 10.0.XXX.XXX

My PC is 10.0.2.240 and I would like to be able to RDP to it from a Hotel Room etc. by using the block of public IPs assigned to the ASA.

Brian

You can do that .Create a static nat for ur PC ip address in the ASA with one of the public ip you have.Also remember to create an access list at the out side interface to permit the required access(ports) to ur PC on the public ip .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: