cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink Support

abhijit-ghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Multilink in 7609 Router, in that 3E1 links are connected in PA-MC-8TE1 Card and 3E1 links are connected in STM 1 Card. This E1 links are not working properly when configuring in single Multilink. Individually links are working fine and with seperate Multilink like 3E1 connected in PA-MC-8TE1 Card in one Multilink and 3E1 connected in STM 1 Card in other multilink. Please provide solutions.

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Abhijt,

If I understood correctly you would like to build a PPP bundle where 3 E1 are on the PA-MC-8TE1 card and other 3E1 are in a channelized STM-1 on a C7609.

is the usage of two 3E1 bundles acceptable for you with load balacing over them by CEF ?

I think you are facing some technology limitations that involves clocking or delay variations:

the 3 E1 over channelized STM-1 are under SDH clocking.

the other 3 E1 are each carried in a different way.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

I am able to create Multilink bundle but my question is after creating bundle, The multilink is going down. How to resolve it??

Weather any cisco site is there where i can refer it.

Thanks

Hi,

Whats the IOS verison on the device you are configuraing multilink ?

Do u have the configs available for multilink ?

Is this also done from the remote site ?

Most of the these problems are due to IOS bugs .. try with a new ios image

Hello Abhijt,

if the smt-1 channelized port is on a SIP 200 and the PA 8T1 is in o flexwan the bundle cannot be created using ports of both:

see

dMLPPP Configuration Guidelines

dMLPPP is supported in software by the Cisco 7600 SIP-200, or in hardware by the supported SPA. This support is determined by your link configuration.

The Cisco 7600 SIP-200 supports distributed links under the following conditions:

>>>>•All links are on the same Cisco 7600 SIP-200.

•T1 and E1 links cannot be mixed in a bundle.

•Member links in a bundle are recommended to have the same bandwidth.

•QoS is implemented on the Cisco 7600 SIP-200 for dMLPPP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/7600series/76cfgsip.html#wp1144464

you haven't said if the stm-1 channelized is on PA slot as the PA 8T1 so this could apply to your scenario.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: