Views
Helpful
Replies

Datacollection problem in Ciscoworks

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In Campus Manager under Data Collection All the devices are not present. After giving the Start Data Collection also.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable core, corex, framework, and frontend debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then run a new Data Collection. Post the ani.log along with an example device which is present in DCR, but missing from Campus Manager.

Hi,

DCR server is down now. If i run data collection will it find all the devices?

No. DCRServer is key to Data Collection working. Why is DCRServer down? Did you shut it down?

Hi,

Please tell the difference between Data collection and User Tracking Acquisition.

Data Collection populates the Campus Manager database with device details, VTP and VLAN information, CDP neighbor data, and STP data. User Tracking Acquisition uses the Data Collection data to find end hosts (e.g. PC clients) connected to managed switches.

Hi,

How can i check whether DCR server is working fine or not?

Post the output of pdshow.

Where should i give this command?

If i give this command will it affect the production server?

please explain the pdshow command?

pdshow command will NOT have anyimpact. Its just a show command. You are NOT starting or stopping any Server service to have an affect on.

If you are working on a Solaris server

find -name ./pdshow -print will give you the path of the command. After locating the path , cd to it and run ./pdhsow.

Please don't forget to rate..... :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: