Getting into Network Services Portfolio from IT

Unanswered Question
Jan 8th, 2009

I have 7.5 years of experience in Information Technology industry in the Telecom domain. I got interested in the Network Services portfolio. I have a pretty good understanding of telecom industry interms of technology and infrastructure used etc.,predominantly DSL and Wirelineside. I purchased couple of cisco gears for the lab to do self study and obtained CCNA. I also obtained the CCNT certification from TIA. I currently work for a IT solutions consulting firm. I plan to do CCDA and look for a networks job then. And then do CCDP... Will I get any job or am I too late entrant into networks ? Experts please help me.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Collin Clark Thu, 01/08/2009 - 06:55

We've got room for one more :-) All kidding aside, the "experts" say that networking is still one of the hottest fields so as long as your motivated and have good customer and people skills, you should'nt have too much trouble (depending on where you are).

prithivi_vs Thu, 01/08/2009 - 23:13

Dear collin, Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I am really motivated and I want to pursue my career in the network side of technology. I am always appreciated at my client place(USA) for my good inter-personal skills. I believe I will excel. The only thing that really perturbs is the lack of real-time networking experience. Thanks Prithivi

This Discussion