cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I include pcf file with client install?

cirrushelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

What I would like to do is create a silent install with an individual pcf file. I saw this info but am unclear what is meant by "VPN client software files" is that the self extracting zip? do I need to copy the pcf file to the profiles directory and re-zip? create an msi? Also what is "the bundled software" referred to in step 2?

Distribution with the VPN Client Software

If the vpnclient.ini file is bundled with the VPN Client software when it is first installed, it automatically configures the VPN Client during installation. You can also distribute the profile files (one .pcf file for each connection entry) as preconfigured connection profiles for automatic configuration.

To distribute preconfigured copies of the VPN Client software to users for installation, perform the following steps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Copy the VPN Client software files from the distribution CD-ROM into each directory where you created an vpnclient.ini (global) file and separate connection profiles for a set of users.

Step 2 Prepare and distribute the bundled software.

CD-ROM or network distribution: Be sure the vpnclient.ini file and profile files are in the same directory with all the CD-ROM image files. You can have users install from this directory through a network connection; or you can copy all files to a new CD-ROM for distribution; or you can create a self-extracting ZIP file that contains all the files from this directory, and have users download it, and then install the software.

Step 3 Supply users with any other necessary configuration information and instructions. See Chapter 2 of the VPN Client User Guide for your platform.

1 Reply 1

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

i've attached a pdf on how our app guys package the client with our logo, pcf etc.

cheers

andy