Level 1

I have to sites with 2 separate CM clusters

Site A - CM 6.1

Site B - CM 4.1

All calls for site A come in via E1 trunks at site A

Site B - CM 4.1

All calls for site B come in via E1 trunks at site A

The two clusters are linked for an ICT

all users at site A use Extension mobility - when logged out all calls either go to VM or to mobile.

all users at site B use Extension mobility - when logged out all calls either go to VM or to mobile.

I need a user that logs into site A (cm 6.1) be able to log into site b (cm 4.1) with the same user ID and pin and receive calls on their own number.

I thought initially I would just replicate the device profiles from Cm 6.1 to cm 4.1

but my problem is how will calls that come into site A know that a users is logged in at site B.

any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

they won't, EM info (or any other info for the matter) is not replicated between clusters.

and you cannot point to each other because it will cause a loop, one of the profiles needs to be set to go to VM when logged out and the other to try the other DN from other cluster

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Actually, they don't need to point to each other. The profile on CCMA would need to point to the profile on CCMB, but the profile on CCMB could forward the call to VM or mobile if the user is not logged into A or B.

However, the profiles would not be synchronized, which would make it a pain to administrate and impossible if this involved a number of users.

You may wish to review this -

http://resources.bandwidthmarket.com/corporate/www.metreos.com/download/Metreos_ClusterMobility_WhitePaper.pdf

Cisco purchased Metreos which have an "application" or did for cross cluster mobility

this looks good, how do you purchase it?

It looks like Cisco has bought the company so I suggest to talk to your Cisco AC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: