cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable a user for calendar Integration in CUPS 7.0(2)

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

We have a setup with CUPS 7.0(2) and Exchange 2007. I have configured the Presence Gateway and installed the CA certificate on CUPS.

The CUPS users show Calendar Integration as Disabled. Can you enable the Calendar Integration on per user base? If so, where can that setting be enabled? The Integration Guide doesn't mention anything.

Many Thanks

Regards

Stefan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I found it yesterday. You need to log the user in the CUPC User webpage (like ccumuser page, but for cupc). IT's in the options and enable.

I have yet to get my to work. Still monkey around with the ports, etc.

View solution in original post

You can also enable it through CUPC (File, Preferences, Status "Show me in a meeting when my outlook Calendar shows me as busy".

It took a while to get it working, but once it started working it has been great.

The biggest thing is to double check the user that is setup for the integration.

HTH,

Doug

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I found it yesterday. You need to log the user in the CUPC User webpage (like ccumuser page, but for cupc). IT's in the options and enable.

I have yet to get my to work. Still monkey around with the ports, etc.

You can also enable it through CUPC (File, Preferences, Status "Show me in a meeting when my outlook Calendar shows me as busy".

It took a while to get it working, but once it started working it has been great.

The biggest thing is to double check the user that is setup for the integration.

HTH,

Doug

Hi folks

Many thanks for the replies.

Seems like you also didn't find it in the integration guide (which is really crappy by the way).

Regards

Stefan

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you get yours to work? I can not get the Calendar option to view my Cal in Exchange 2003. I have the correct Read-as account delegated in Exchange, but just will not update. It's odd. I can even see on the Exchange server, the secucrity log, CUPS logging in

Hi

Unfortunately it still doesn't work.

I can't check the calender status with the Exchange View-Only Account a browser on

"https://exchange-owa-server/Exchange/userid/Calendar".

But don't ask me why. I'm about to give it up because it's just for demonstration purposes.

We use Microsoft Offcie Communicator in our productive UC setup.

Regards

Stefan

Im going to open a TAC case i guess. I've tried everything

thanks for the response!

Good Luck ;-)

Please update conversation if you have got it working.

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Lucky me, I got Michael Lou at Cisco to help me out. He rocks! Anyways, here is what he did:

Went to OWA and logged in. (any user in Exchange) Export the Cert.

Logged into CUPS OS

Upload the Cert.

Adjust the Outlook Gateway to the same as the cert. This cert was: mail.company.com

I had IP address and that was not correct. we used mail.company.com and restarted the Presence Engine and it worked on the CUPC client.

Whew!

depends on who you got from TAC. It could take minutes or weeks to resolve. :)

a very good book to cover calendar integration could be found here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: