cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Vlan on Aironet1200 AP - ip issues

vegeta4ss
Level 1
Level 1

I recently have added a second Vlan on my access point. However, it's not getting an ip.

I am VERY new to the whole Vlan stuff and to more advanced networking so i am not sure what is wrong. I am thinking maybe it is because the AP is sitting behind an unmanaged switch (a 16 port linksys)?

Can the aironet handle the multi vlan without a switch that also can be set to the vlan? If it can, how do you do it?

I have both ssid working, I can connect to both of them. The vlan #2 SSID gives me "limited or no connectivity" because the vlan itself has an ip of 0.0.0.0

can someone either confirm my switch question or tell me what i've maybe done wrong? I want to use vlan #2 to seperate our "guests" from the rest of the network and it's resources. Vlan 1 is the native and is tied to the corp network.

Thanks to anyone who responds!

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tanner

If you want to use multiple vlans on the link from the Aironet to the switch then that link should be configured as an 802.1q trunk. Do you know if your linksys switch supports 802.1q ?

Jon

Jon,

thanks for the response. I doubt that the switch supports it. I will look into it. It's a FS116 model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card