cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place Express In-session lock call

webmaster412
Level 1
Level 1

Having problems with conference calls getting locked. Is there a way to disable the #4,1? How do I prevent users from locking a conference call when using phones only, no web meetings. Is this happening for anyone else? This is becoming a big issue for us.

5 Replies 5

webmaster412
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone answer these? This is the fourth day with no response? Is there are professional who is looking at these questions? Thanks.

Hi -

From the user guide, it appears all phone users can user the #41 to lock or #41 again to unlock a voice conference - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/user/guide/ctrlaccs.html#wp1034306

I don't have any personal experience with this problem. Have you tried going into the web room as moderator and unlocking the meeting from there? While frustrating, this sounds more like bad user behavior than functionality. I know you can "demote" attendees in the web room to audience to limit permissions, don't know of a way to limit via phone though. Perhaps another forum expert will see this post and get you a better assessment.

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Yes, I did know the #41 works as a toggle. What I want to know is if it can be disabled? We have too many conferences to sit and moderate who's doing what in the web interface. We just don't have time to sit and do that. I thank you for your comments though. The limits on customization with this product is sometimes frustrating. Thanks!

Hi -

Sorry I could not be of more help to you! I saw you had edited your own post to see if anyone was out there listening. I can say from experience that this is the best forum I have worked with and the experts, not just Cisco TAC or BU, but many other networking professionals, routinely visit this site and provide help. Sometimes we don't see a post right away, or it isn't in our field of expertise. But we are out there listening :-)

Ginger

Hi, to answer your question any user including guests can lock the meeting, drop the last participant to enter the meeting and create a breakout room.

There is no apparent method in MPE to prevent guests doing any of the above. To me this is a massive oversight on Cisco's part and needs to be addressed in future releases of MPE.

I hope someone at Cisco is listening!