cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.1- CS Portal does not update RME device count correctly

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the 'Device Allocation Summary' portlet form the Common Services portal lists the managed devices for every application; it seems that the number for devices managed by RME is wrong (161 in this case- total devices in DCR is 103). But following the link (clicking on the number which is a link to http://lms-server:1741/cwhp/pidm.reports.do?Apps=RME#) and click on the (wrong) number of devices in the new pop-up window show a list with the correct number of devices (103 in this case).

6 Replies 6

rtuttle
Level 1
Level 1

I believe I just read that in the release notes. This is also common for HUM and as far as I can tell there is no fix for it yet.

do you have a link to the doc you refer to?

I can just find the 'Device Allocation Summary' portlet listed as a key feature of LMS Portal 1.1 and cannot find a hint to that bug.

can anybody approve or disprove what I have observed - or point me to the document Richard mentioned?

Sean Gilkes
Level 1
Level 1

I would be most interested if this question was ever answered or if the information was found offline...  I have the exact same problem but on LMS 3.2 (CS 3.3.0/LMS Portal 1.2.0/RME 4.3.1)...  Looking forward to some positive feedback.

I never deep-dived into this problem. If I remember well, the numbers weren't updated over a relative long period of time ( > 1hour) so that I would exclude any periodic update issues of the portlet (like with the Syslog Portlet which gets updated every 3 mins only)

I fairly believe that this portlet does a database query but instead get its value from any kind of static info which will not be updated on a regular timebase.

Ah.  In our case then, it is somewhat different.  The portal always reports one device more than what exists in the DCR.  Even if we delete all devices from the DCR, the portal reports RME as having one device.  It doesn't affect the functionality of the system, but it is annoying... ;o)  I suppose if I cannot temper my annoyance I'll just have to raise a ticket - I hate not knowing why something is as it is...  Thanks for your input, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: