cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple Point-to-point T1 (non-Frame Relay)

vantipov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have two 2600 routers with T1 WICS in them. I configured them with the most basic config, made a T1 cross-over cable and made them talk while in my lab. My service provider told me my circuit (point-to-point) data T1 was ready. I need to use ESF framing and linecode of b8zs. I can't seem to get into the controller command. I am trying to the following command:

controller t1 - the router tells me in valid command at t1. Is this a code problem? Or is there a prerequisite command?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vlad

I believe that ESF and B8ZS are the default values and typically default values do not show up in show run. So I would think this is correct.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vlad

Depending on the model (and perhaps the card) there are serveral ways to configure the controller. For your 2600 I suggest that you look under configuration of the serial interface and see if there are service-module commands available. If so that is how you would configure the controller.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick, thanks for a quick response. Router took these commands:

conf t > int s0/0 > service-module t1 framing esf > service-module t1 linecode b8zs

However, if I do show run or show controller I don't see these entries anywhere. Is this correct?

Vlad

I believe that ESF and B8ZS are the default values and typically default values do not show up in show run. So I would think this is correct.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick, thanks a bunch. That makes sense.

Vlad

I am glad that my response helped resolve your question. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that there were responses which did resolve the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card