I cannot get CallerID to pass through IVR. I can receive CallerID (ANI) in IVR, but am unable to pass it.
Here is what I am trying to accomplish:
I was approached by our Six Sigma team to develop a way that a customer calling our sales team would have some options (when their rep did not answer). The requirements were as follows:
1) Calls should present to the original destination first
2) If the call is not answered in X number of rings, present call with the following options
a. Press 1 to leave a message (for the original called number)
b. Press 2 to be transferred to the next available rep (there is only one other)
3) If nothing is pressed, 2 is assumed and the call presents at the second rep's desk
4) If unanswered, the caller is re-presented with the options mentioned above
a. 1 goes to the original called number's voicemail
b. 2 goes to the general sales line
5) If nothing is pressed, 2 is assumed and the call presents at the General Sales Line
The logic works and the calls are handled. 3 problems have arisen that need to be addressed:
6) Call is picked up (after 1 ring) to dead air
a. We are doing a consult transfer (to accommodate #2 above)
7) No caller id coming off the IVR.
a. This is HUGE and a deal breaker for our script.
8) Internal callers will go through this as well
a. They should not
Everything that I have read and heard says that you cannot pass caller id over IVR. Given this, I thought I should process via call handler.
I created 2 call handlers for each guy (there are 2) the first is the initial contact and is the recipient of the call. It is set to do a supervised transfer to the subscribers private extension. If unanswered, greeting plays and presents the options mentioned above. Option 2 transfers to the 2nd call handler for that person. The second call handler attempts supervised transfer to the second user. If unanswered, the caller is presented with the same options.
Unfortunately, neither option is giving me CallerID. IVR declares the calls as coming from the IVR ports. Voicemail declares the calls coming from the voicemail ports.
I know that this is possible, I am just at a loss as to how to accomplish it.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.