Helpful
Replies

Subscriber not Found in Directory

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Folks,

I have Unity 5.0

One of my subscribers isn't found in the Unity Directory, the subscriber has a Recorded Name, and the check box for List in Directory is checked, what else should I do to have this user in the directory?

thanks

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are they looking for them? When addressing a message as a subscriber? or when using a directory handler?

If you're using a directory handler make sure it's not scopped to exclude that user - for instance it can be set to present only members of a public distribution list or a particular class of service...

Actually both. when addressing a message as a subscriber and when using a directory handler.

the search options for the directory handler is

Local Cisco Unity Server only

Can you log in as that subscriber calling into that Unity box? Can you address to them by extension instead of spelling? If not I suspect something is wrong with that subscriber (i.e. they did not get synched into AD properly and/or don't have a mailbox resource).

yes I can, I haven't tried that, however extensions is not an options we don't want to play out extensions to users due to an internal policy. we have unity integrated with exchange 2007, we can only import users that are already in AD with a valid mailbox.

my point is not to suggest that you switch to extension addressing to fix your problem but as a troubleshooting step - we want to verify that the user is actually in your directory properly - go ahead and just try addressing a message to them using extension and dialing them by extension from a greeting (direct dial) and see if they come up.

it could be something like a special character in the name(s) causing Unity to choke creating the DTMF spelling or something along those lines - just want to rule out the obvious stuff before wasting a bunch of time going over more complex possibilities.

I wasn't clear from your last answer what you've verified - that you can log in as that user?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: