Remove ASA 5510 Licenseing

Unanswered Question
Jan 8th, 2009

Hello,

I have an ASA 5510 that has an upgraded license to include support for 25 SSL VPN peers. I am wondering if it is possible to go back to the default of 2, and get rid of that license.

There are a few reasons for this, mainly becaues the second firewall I have does not have this upgrade, and I have no need for it, so it is preventing me from putting these firewalls in a failover pair, and secondly because this license came with a refurbished firewall, and I do not have official documentation and product authorization numbers.

Thanks for any help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
JORGE RODRIGUEZ Thu, 01/08/2009 - 12:14

When you did the license upgrade did you save the original running activation key, or any configuration you have saved in the past that may have this key, this would be unusual, but I believe you can use original running activation keys to revert back..

perhaps a TAC case will have better answer if you don't have origical running key.

Regards

Jasonch518_2 Thu, 01/08/2009 - 12:30

I received the firewall upgraded already, i never saw it before the upgrade, so i did not have access to the original key.

sachinraja Thu, 01/08/2009 - 17:06

Hey Jason

Unfortunately, I dont think there is anyway to remove it :( If the license keys are stored in flash, you could have deleted it, but they arent.. where did you get this re-furbished box from ? Do they atleast have a base license PAK key ? if so, you can use that PAK and get the base license activation key (if something exists) and then revert back.. ya.. no use upgrading the other box.. waste of money... i think you can send a mail to [email protected], and explain your problem.. they should hopefully solve it..

Let us know.. all the best..

Raj

Actions

This Discussion