cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Uprgade COBRAS Export getting and error

e.giron
Level 4
Level 4

Getting this message when I tried to start the COBRAS Export "Could not attach to DOH for message extraction - be sure you are logged in as the account associated with the CsMgr service before selecting this option."

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

well... gotta ask, are you logged in as the account associated with the AvCsMgr service?

The check it's doing is pretty basic - COBRAS asks Unity if it can log into a mailbox and if Unity comes back and says "no" then you get that error. If you are logged in as the account asscoiated with the AvCsMgr service then it should not say "no".

I've actually just hit this problem, i know a couple years later. Logged in as the msgstore account which is also used to login the AvCsMgr service.

I recieve the following:

(error) attaching to DOH message store (Methos of object failed) in procedure InitMessageExport of Module modMessages

(error) failed to log into DOH for message extraction

Tried restarting the AvCsMgr service with no better result.

Any ideas?

Hi Ashley -

It never hurts to rerun Permissions Wizard - make sure you are running the most current version for your Unity server.

Regards, Ginger

Hi,

i have a user ,say Jbloggs that requires access to COBRAS tool. I have given him relevant permissions to run the tool and it works ok however if he includes to back up messages he gets the 'not associated with account running  avcsmgr' . (as above).

If I was to give   jbloggs account the same exchange rights as UnitymsgStoreSvc account would that be sufficient? What I dont want is to re run  permissions wizard and find that all critical services are running with jbloggs account (albeit  I can manually change these afterwards back to the service accounts).

Does the system just check rights or does it check what the AVCMGR service is running with?

Kind Regards

Jaginder 

It does what it says it does - it checks to see if you are logged in as THE account associated with the AvCsMgr - not that you're logged in as an account that has equivalent rights as that accounts.

Checking all the rights and privs. necessary for a match is a rather large body of work - hence COBRAS keeps it simple and requires you be logged in as that account.  If you can't do that then COBRAS does not back up messages.  Clearly the security issues involved here (we are leveraging our "super user rights" into the mailstore here) are enormous so we wanted to assure as small a chance of any messy accidents as we could.

Jeff thanks for confirming.

Kind Regards

Jaginder

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: