cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CatOS CLI equivalent of what Mini-RMON manager does

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume the Mini-RMON manager in CiscoView is using snmpsets to configure the RMON on CatOS, but I haven't found any documentation on what exactly are getting set, except "set snmp rmon" and some of the possible MIB OIDs, unlike the aplentyful info on what can be done on IOS. I assume the RMON settings will be saved in the running-config in clear text. Such info would be come in handy, because Mini-RMON manager appears to be able to configure only one device at a time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no CLI interface for mini-RMON in CatOS. Everything the CiscoView mini-RMON manager does is via SNMP using the RMON-MIB.

Here's a document illustrating how RMON events and alarms can be configured using SNMP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk961/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093e96.shtml

The same general principle applies to configuring stats and histories. You could also sniff the traffic the mini-RMON manager sends to the device to get an idea of how configuration is done.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no CLI interface for mini-RMON in CatOS. Everything the CiscoView mini-RMON manager does is via SNMP using the RMON-MIB.

Here's a document illustrating how RMON events and alarms can be configured using SNMP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk961/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093e96.shtml

The same general principle applies to configuring stats and histories. You could also sniff the traffic the mini-RMON manager sends to the device to get an idea of how configuration is done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: