cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with turning off Inspect h323 on my ASA

aaron.grussner
Level 1
Level 1

I've been told that this will fix my issue with having our Avaya VPN phones drop connections and call quality but no one can tell me how to make the change on my ASA.

Cisco ASA:

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

no inspect h323 h225

no inspect h323 ras

I've tried doing it from the command line but I must have the syntax wrong so any help would be appreciated. Should I do it from the ASDM or command line? Step by step help would be great. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct it is no longer displayed if it is removed. Save the config and you are all set!

Mark

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Aaron,

did you type configure terminal first?

configure terminal

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

no inspect h323 h225

no inspect h323 ras

HTH,

mark

Yes and it kept giving me an error when I would enter the no inspect lines. This is the error I get: ERROR: Inspection not installed or parameters do not match. Thanks.

Are you sure they haven't already been removed? I just checked with my ASA and removed it and pasted it a second time and gave me the same error. Can you please post the following output.

show run | inc inspect

Mark

policy-map type inspect dns migrated_dns_map_1

inspect dns migrated_dns_map_1

inspect ftp

inspect rsh

inspect rtsp

inspect sqlnet

inspect skinny

inspect sunrpc

inspect xdmcp

inspect sip

inspect netbios

inspect tftp

inspect icmp

inspect icmp error

inspect ipsec-pass-thru

inspect pptp

So it no longer displays it once its removed? So now I just need to write it to memory wr mem and its all set?

That is correct it is no longer displayed if it is removed. Save the config and you are all set!

Mark

Great, thanks for the help.

You are most welcome.

Best of luck!

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: