cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone replacement

matt_drmmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - Does anybody know what the procedure is to get Cisco IP Phones RMA'd? I have found out that one of our teams has been hiding IP phones that no longer work for the past two months because of various issues with the phones. I updated the firmware on a few of them and they are working again, but some of them still will not work so I think that I need to RMA the ones that don't function any longer. I have never had to RMA a phone so I don't know the proper procedure and just need some guidance. Do I need to open seperate TAC cases for each one or can I just open one. I have gone through just about every 7940 document that I can find but nothing refers to how to get them replaced. Any assistance would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

I would open one case for all of them. TAC will want to troubleshoot each one to make sure they really need to be RMA'd, so have a good idea of what the problems are of each one, and the MAC addresses of them. You'll need the contract they're on as well.

I believe there's also a manufacturing warranty (that I can't remember) in case you don't have a contract. I want to say it's 30 or 60 days.

hth,

nick

last time i did an RMA (over a year ago) supposedly you should create one case per phone but usually everyone creates 1 for all phones. the time it takes completely depends on the contract but most usually should be next business day, if no contract or warranty i believe it's 10 business days (can't recall exact times, as i said a long time ago). sometimes there are not enough phones available for RMA so if it's a big badge of phones you might get a delay.

they will ask contact info, name, email, phone, shipping address and some other stuff.

once you open the case they will send you a list with all the info required, so, you can open the case to get this while you put a list together of what's the symptom of each phone. we usually always ask a factory reset before anything else so if you want to expedite this, perform a factory reset and if still no avail make sure to tell the TAC CSE

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

cibby
Level 1
Level 1

Was your Cisco sales representative able to help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: