cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone replacement

matt_drmmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - Does anybody know what the procedure is to get Cisco IP Phones RMA'd? I have found out that one of our teams has been hiding IP phones that no longer work for the past two months because of various issues with the phones. I updated the firmware on a few of them and they are working again, but some of them still will not work so I think that I need to RMA the ones that don't function any longer. I have never had to RMA a phone so I don't know the proper procedure and just need some guidance. Do I need to open seperate TAC cases for each one or can I just open one. I have gone through just about every 7940 document that I can find but nothing refers to how to get them replaced. Any assistance would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

I would open one case for all of them. TAC will want to troubleshoot each one to make sure they really need to be RMA'd, so have a good idea of what the problems are of each one, and the MAC addresses of them. You'll need the contract they're on as well.

I believe there's also a manufacturing warranty (that I can't remember) in case you don't have a contract. I want to say it's 30 or 60 days.

hth,

nick

last time i did an RMA (over a year ago) supposedly you should create one case per phone but usually everyone creates 1 for all phones. the time it takes completely depends on the contract but most usually should be next business day, if no contract or warranty i believe it's 10 business days (can't recall exact times, as i said a long time ago). sometimes there are not enough phones available for RMA so if it's a big badge of phones you might get a delay.

they will ask contact info, name, email, phone, shipping address and some other stuff.

once you open the case they will send you a list with all the info required, so, you can open the case to get this while you put a list together of what's the symptom of each phone. we usually always ask a factory reset before anything else so if you want to expedite this, perform a factory reset and if still no avail make sure to tell the TAC CSE

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

cibby
Level 1
Level 1

Was your Cisco sales representative able to help?