Views
Helpful
Replies

Ghost norton in 3500 switch

jong_r0602
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Please help to configure my norton ghost ony 3500 switch.

Thanks,

Jong

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

whatever your routed interface is (ie your default gateway) will probably need multicast turned on and ip pim sparse-dense mode enabled on the interface.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

I believe Norton Ghost uses multicast in pushing images to the hosts, so in a nutshell enable ip multicast routing and enable pim on all L3 interfaces.

thanks for the info, i think my 3500xl switch doenst have ip multicast routing command. is there a way to use it for ghosting?

then just put both the ghost server and client in the same vlan, that should work. and yes, 3500xl is strictly a layer 2 device, I mistaknely assume that you were referring to 3550.

Ok ill try it.

Thank you very much.

whatever your routed interface is (ie your default gateway) will probably need multicast turned on and ip pim sparse-dense mode enabled on the interface.

thanks guys. its now working. Actually i just created a vlan and i removed the ip-adress and helper on the configuration and it works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card