cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help to convert Autonomous to LWAP.

zeeshan-iqbal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Access Point with IOS c1130-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3 and I am converting it to LWAPP when I try to convert it to LWAPP by using the LWAPP upgrade tool and image, the error comes that “AP does not have supported Radio”.

I have checked that CSV file is empty in upgrade tool folder.

Is that mean that this AP can not be attached with Wireless LAN controller.

5 Replies 5

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of access point?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a00806a4da3.shtml

Not all the autonomous Cisco IOS Software-based AP models can be converted. These are the models that you can convert to Lightweight AP Protocol (LWAPP) mode:

All Cisco Aironet 1130 AG APs

All Aironet 1240 AG APs

For all Cisco IOS Software-based Aironet 1200 Series modular AP (1200/1220 Cisco IOS Software upgrade, 1210, and 1230 AP) platforms, the ability to convert the AP depends on the radio.

o

If the radio is IEEE 802.11g, MP21G and MP31G are supported.

o

If the radio is IEEE 802.11a, RM21A and RM22A are supported.

You can upgrade the 1200 Series APs with any combination of supported radios:

o

G only

o

A only

o

Both G and A

Note: An autonomous AP must run Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(7)JA or later before you can convert it to LWAPP.

Note: Only the Cisco 4400 and 2006 wireless LAN controllers (WLCs) support autonomous APs that have been converted to lightweight mode. Cisco WLCs must run a minimum software version of 3.1. The Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) must run a minimum version of 3.1. The upgrade utility is supported on the Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP platforms.

Refer to Upgrading Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points to Lightweight Mode for details on how to perform the conversion.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html

kylerossd
Level 4
Level 4

I had this happen to me before, it was the IOS code. You have above the minimun code level for an upgrade so that is not the issue.

If you are really daring:

Download c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar and try archeive download-sw with it.

Then you can push it back to IOS; break to rommon and move the code over.

Just to prove you can put the image on, You cannot leave it like this though as there is no cert, etc.

Dear Kylerossd, can you please explain me what you mean by minimum code level.

and i have search the IOS "c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar" but i can't find it on Cisco web site.

I was thinking the minimum code level needed was IOS 12.3(8) JEB....

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco website -> Support -> Download Software -> Wireless Software -> Access Point ... I think you know where to go from here.

You need to choose the option of " Autonomous To Lightweight Mode Upgrade Image".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card