Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Outgoing line selection

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How do we configure the UC500 to choose the outgoing POTS voice line?  i.e, Calls should always go out thru voice port 0/1/0 first and if its busy rollover to 0/1/1 etc.  I have a 8 FXO port UC500.

I beleive there is a preference command on the dial-peers but then its defined for each outgoing port.  Any ideas?

22 Replies 22

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jibu,

Today this functionality is supported outside of CCA using CLI. You can configure the dial-peer, with the FXO port that you want to always use, with a higher preference and let the other dial-peers have a lower preference. For example:

In the configuration below, CCA sets all the dial-peers for FXO ports with preference 5:

!

dial-peer voice 54 pots
corlist outgoing call-local
description ** FXO pots dial-peer **
translation-profile outgoing CALLER_ID_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
preference 5
destination-pattern 9[2-9]......
port 0/1/0
forward-digits 7
no sip-register

!

dial-peer voice 60 pots
preference 5
port 0/1/1
forward-digits 7
no sip-register

You can modify this configuration (and any other dial-peer configuration for port 0/1/0) and set the preference at 4. Leave the other dial-peers at the same lower preference.

!

dial-peer voice 54 pots
preference 4
port 0/1/0
forward-digits 7
no sip-register

!

dial-peer voice 60 pots
preference 5
port 0/1/1
forward-digits 7
no sip-register

If you need to define a decreasing order of preferences, then with 8 ports, you can start with preference 1 and go on lowering the preferences for the other dial-peers.

HTH,

Saurabh

This is quite helpful, but I noticed in IOS that there are multiple dial-peer entries for each FXO port, mostly differentiating beween the corlist settings - I thought I'd ask for the clarification that the preference level should be set to all the dial-peers for the port, unless needed otherwise.

Regards,

Luis

Correct.

The links were very helpful and I had configured it.  Its has to be done for all dial peers, 4 or so per FXO port.

This is what I was looking for as well, but we are using a trunkgroup for the FXO lines. How do we always revert back, or make the primary FXO port the lowest peference?

Thanks in advance

You'll need to remove this port from that trunk group and reference the port itself in POTS dialpeers.  Then set the preference of those dialpeers that point to this port to be lower.  For more information, follow this link:   https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1416#What_is_the_predetermined_outbound_call_routing_per_fxo_port_now_and_can_you_change_this_so_that_when_dialing_out_a_particular_fxo_port_is_used_first

Alternatively, you can now use CCA 2.0 for all this.

Marcos

Thanks I was just reading about 2.0 I think I'll give it a download and go as well.

Marcos,

I like the new GUI, but I am still missing something; I cannot see a way (In CCA) to delete one FXO port from the ALL_FXO trunk group so I may give it lower preference? I must be missing something if it's in there....

Bob,

You can configure your outbound trunks on the configure->telephony->dial plan->outgoing page under the PSTN trunk groups tab.

Skyler,

No I can't: I can setup the Outbound calling preferences, but I cannot delete or edit the PSTN Trunk Group on this tab, am I suppose to be able to? I can see the PSTN Trunk Group listed, but I have no edit, delete, etc. choices.

When you highlight the group on this tab, you should see a modify option near the bottom of the page.  Can you send me a screenshot if you don't see this?

Skyler,

I found it, this app is not good on a laptop as I had to scroll within my scroll window to see the modify (Duh). I was able to take FXO 0/1/0 out of the ALL_FXO trunk group and create a new Trunk Group (but watch the name as it did not take mine the first time). Then I went into the outgoing dialplan and modifed all PSTN entries to select MAIN_FXO as preference 1, and ALL_FXO as preference 5, and SIP as preference 6 (where I had both PSTN and SIP).

This really saved me on the cutting and pasting for so many entries!

Thanks very much and keep up the good GUI development!!!!

Bob

I too had trouble finding the modify button for outgoing dial plan :)

Some particular I noticed when using a sequential dial plan, does the highest preference FXO line need to be on the bottom?  I'm excluding one truck from the list (for a CO line) but in order to ring out the way I want, I had to sequence the other FXO lines in reverse order!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: