cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on 4948

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

I would like an explanation on how the TX queue work on that peice of equipement.

If I do a sh qos int ten1/49, I get this:

QoS is enabled globally

Port QoS is enabled

Administrative Port Trust State: 'cos'

Operational Port Trust State: 'cos'

Trust device: none

Default DSCP: 0 Default CoS: 0

Appliance trust: none

Tx-Queue Bandwidth ShapeRate Priority QueueSize

(bps) (bps) (packets)

1 2500000000 disabled N/A 2080

2 2500000000 disabled N/A 2080

3 2500000000 disabled high 2080

4 2500000000 disabled N/A 2080

What`s the purpose of the bandwidth field?

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dominic

There are 4 queues on egress and each queue is allocted 1/4 of the bandwidth ie. 2.5Gbps in this case. You can change the allocation between the queues, or at least you can on some ports but i have never used a 4948-10G model.

You then map DSCP/Cos values to queues.

I suspect you may after something more specific. Attached is a link to Egress configuration on 4900 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/44sg/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1463276

If i have not answered your question please come back.

Jon

So, the high priority queue will be service first. The 3 other queue will share 1/3 each of the remaining transmit time. If I resume this,

1-If there is a packet in the high queue, put it on the tx-ring

2-take one packet from each other normal priority queue and place it on the tx-ring.

3-Start over

There is probably a check to see if the high priority queue is empty between each lower priority packet been put on the tx-ring.

Am I on the right track ?

I've just read the link, got my answer, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: