cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTC Management Network Connectivity

aweday
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 60 15454s and I am using the RIP tables with SOCKS only enabled at 7 nodes to segment the CTC traffic for improved response. I will have LAN access at every node soon. As I transition over and set the gateway address at my new LAN access nodes, the CTC traffic still prefers to use the SDCC rather than the LAN connection. I see the direct LAN connection to my nodes using a tracert from my CTC laptop but the Netwrok Routing Table from the nodes and delayed CTC response indicates CTC is using the SDCC.

How do I transition to every node having LAN connections?

Angie

1 Reply 1

chris-hart
Level 1
Level 1

RIP is based on a hop count irespective of whether there is a better higher bandwidth route available so with RIP the route with the least hop count will always be selected, personally I would look at implementing OSPF instead as this uses the available bandwidth as part of the calculation to select a route and you may find it works better in your network. I'm not sure why you need to have LAN access at every node, this seems to be a bit of an overkill and is not really necessary if you have 2 SDCC links into each node.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: