cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem sending special character * using SIP Dial-peer with CME

germanhernandez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a sip dial-peer with destination-pattern 521T sending calls to a GSM gateway (QUESCOM). the normal calls are working prefectly, but when i tried to call 521*333 for example, the GSM gateway only receives 521 in other words the cisco gateway is stripping the * and the other numbers. Even if a put a specific dial peer with destination-pattern 521*333.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 521T

preference 1

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

no vad

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 521*333

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

no vad

I trid usinf different DTMF relays with no luck, but i think is not a DTMF relay issue because i'm not pressing any number dureing the call. im just sendind the whole thing.

any advice will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Did a quick test in the lab and this was working. IOS I tested was 12.4(22)T.

Use 'debug voip dialpeer' or 'debug voip ccapi inout' to find out which dial peers you are hitting.

'show dial-peer voice summary' is helpful as well.

Make sure you're not hitting a translation pattern or num-exp, or CME dial plan extension.

Take off any dial peers with 521T.

hth,

nick

HI Nick, thanks for ur lines.I alredy made a debug and the gateway is hitting the right dial-peer. i mean i used the above dial-peers (both independly), tested and the i can make the call to the GSM. The problem here is not about hitting the right dial-peer, is about passing the * and the rest of the digits.for example if i dial 521*333 fro the CISCO gw, at the GSM gateway i only received 521 but if i dial a regular phone 52198765432 i got all the digits at the GSM side.

Try enabling 'debug ccsip messages'

Look at the To: header in the initial INVITE. My guess is that the the gateway is actually sending the digits and it's getting altered somewhere between the gateway and the GSM side.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: