Helpful
Replies

CCM V7.0 integration with other H323-compliant PAPX

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have some questions about such type of integration:

1. terminology : when we say H323 does this mean necessarily an IP PABX or an hybrid PABx ?

2. In case that we are about integrating a CCM V7.0 CCM with an another IP PABX (an other mark, I will call it in the following just PABX), am I right if I say that :

i. I connot add an H323 trunk pointing to PABX (because I can only add gatekeeper controlled H225 trunks),

ii. I cannot add this PABX as a H323 gateway

iii. So , I really need a gateway, declared in the CCM, and that connects the CCM to the PABX. I should add 2 voice dial peers in the gateway pointing to the CCM and the PABX.

any answers or suggestions or confirmations are welcome.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. H323 means IP. This means that the PABX must support IP protocols, which would mean hybrid (or pure IP PABX).

2. ii. is not correct. You should be able to refer to this IP PBX as a H323 gateway. H323 is an ITU standard, so you shouldn't have to worry about interoperability as long as each side correctly follows the ITU standard.

If you were looking to do iii. instead, you would look towards CUBE. CUBE handles H323-to-H323 (as well as SIP-H323, SIP-SIP). Doing a search on cisco.com for 'Cisco Unified Border Element' will give you all the information you could want on that product. It is still a 2800/3800 router, but it has a special name.

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

1. H323 means IP. This means that the PABX must support IP protocols, which would mean hybrid (or pure IP PABX).

2. ii. is not correct. You should be able to refer to this IP PBX as a H323 gateway. H323 is an ITU standard, so you shouldn't have to worry about interoperability as long as each side correctly follows the ITU standard.

If you were looking to do iii. instead, you would look towards CUBE. CUBE handles H323-to-H323 (as well as SIP-H323, SIP-SIP). Doing a search on cisco.com for 'Cisco Unified Border Element' will give you all the information you could want on that product. It is still a 2800/3800 router, but it has a special name.

hth,

nick

Thank you for your help !!!