Views
Helpful
Replies

Need assistance with Discard Digit Instructions

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am building route patterns for International calls. I have tried to find the definition of a DDI, but have been unsuccessful in my search.

The DDI is: PreDot IntlAccess IntlDirectDial

What does this particular DDI do?

Also, What does the IntlTollBypass do (pertaining to discarding of digits.

Finally, the difference between predot and PreAt. I understand what they do (PreDot removes all characters to the left of the decimal and PreAt removes all characters to the left of @, but what is the difference from a design perspective? When do you use one, versus the other?

-Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i don't have a CUCM at hand right now and the examples are not available on web but if you go to the route pattern page and click on help -> For this page, when it shows the discard section there should be a link that has an example for every option that shows what was the original input, discard option and output.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The odd thing about this is that I have done that and the DDI for PreDot IntlAccess IntlDirectDial are not listed in my help file.

pemelend
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

You can find the discard digits definitions on this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1043708

But as you saw, it is missing the definition for PreDot IntlAccess IntlDirectDial (looks like a bug in the documentation)

When a international call hits a 9.@ Route Pattern with PreDot IntlAccess IntlDirectDial, the 011 is discarded automatically. The Called Number Plan will be marked as ISDN and with Type International.

For example if we dial 9011442055551122#, the called number gets

translated to 442055551122 Plan ISDN Type International.

Regarding the preDot vs preAt:

When the route pattern contains the @ wildcard, callmanager routes calls according to the numbering plan configured, so the wildcard @ will match every dialed patter and you need to use DDI to do more specific patterns

If you don't use @ you need to create each match, like 9.[2-9]...... for 7 digits calls local calls

9.1[2-9]..[2-9]...... for LD

9.011! for Intl calls.

On these route patterns you need to use preDot instead of preAt to discard the 9

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: