Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST MOH FROM FLASH

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I need to setup Multicast MOH to stream from branch router flash. I have read the doc, but I am not clear on if I need to enable igmp snooping on the switches and IP multicast routing on the router.

Can any one also post a working config.

Please rate all useful posts
3 Replies 3

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Of course you need to enable Multicast MoH on Communications Manager as well and assign it to the Device Pool of the phones.

If your SRST Router has an interface in the phone Subnet, then you won't need IGMP Snooping and Multicast Routing.

Here is a sample config if you use the music-on-hold.au file on the router flash (the loopback is needed if you want to stream to the POTS Interfaces):

interface Loopback1

description ** LOOPBACK FOR MOH **

ip address 192.168.255.1 255.255.255.255

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

description ** PHONE SUBNET **

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

!

ccm-manager music-on-hold

!

call-manager-fallback

moh music-on-hold.au

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 192.168.1.1 192.168.255.1

Regards

Stefan

Stephan, Thanks. What happens if my srst gateway does not have an interfce in the phone subnet?

Please rate all useful posts

Hi

If it's not in the phone subnet then you'll need to configure multicast routing. You could configure static multcast routing.

But I'm not sure what the TTL of the MoH multicast packets from the gateway is. You'll have to check.

Regards

Stefan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: