Views
Helpful
Replies

loadbalnce over L2 WAN

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi guys

i have a customer with three sites over L2 WAN and each site has its own IP and static route between all sites for communication is configured

if one site only has new added link for this WAN netwrok how we can load blance those tow links other than useing tow static routes

i am awre about tow static routes that can do per packet or per destinationloadbalncing but this is for outbound traffic for the site that has tow links

is it possible to be done like virtulization

have one IP like VIP to to bundell those tow links?

also if for example used CSM or CSS how it can be configured

thanks

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Marwan,

Happy New Year

I'm not sure if I've understood your question.

The only way to use two WAN links as only one could be some form of L2 bundling

FR multilink FRF.16

I think you are using a FR service if so FRF.16 FR multilink gives you this option.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/wan/configuration/guide/wan_ml_fr_frf161_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

You will need to cooperate with FR provider to implement it.

FRF.15 and PPP multilink are instead suitable for end-to-end bundling but it shouldn't be your case (you say you added a second link on only one site)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi Giuseppe

happy new year to u too

no it is not Fram relay it is shdsl

the router has to Fa link each one go to a s mall cisco shdsl router that used as bridge and the service is act as L2 not sure if it is MPLS or VPLS

anyway

the site with two links how i can bundell those tow links as one

with static route can be done for outbound only!!

PBR can do load share but this is manuel !!

thanks anyway

Hello Marwan,

no bundle option in your case I'm afraid; you need to use multiple static routes

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: