cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID not shown on FXS port

EDDY MULDER
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Call-manager 6.0.1b, a MGCP controlled Gateway.On the Gateway i have installed a NM-HD-2V with a Vic2-2FXS module. On this module i connect 2 analog phone with capability to display the Caller-ID. When i call the analog port from a ip phone or from the other analog phone the Dn is not shown. When i connect the phone directly to the PSTN and dial this nr via my cell phone the nr is shown so i expect that the nr format received is not correct. How can this performed that the correct format is shown to the FXS port connected phone ?

5 Replies 5

This is a limitation of MGCP and FXS ports. This feature was not added in IOS until 12.4(22)T and CUCM 7.0.

Here's the bug tracking it from the gateway side:

CSCea49474

hth,

nick

I have read the Bug track but that is related to FXO port(s).

But is this also related to FXS ports and H323 should fix the current 'bug' ??

regards

Hi,

Yes - you are correct. Looked at this one too quickly.

You will want to make sure the CPTONE defined on the port is for the country the phone is manufactured for, and that the voice-pport has the 'caller-id enable' command.

If those are both correct, and I'm guessing that they are since some caller-id works, then you need to inspect the gateways that take the calls to begin with.

Do you have caller-id trouble for internal calls also?

How do these calls come into your network?

hth,

nick

At this moment only testing internal calls as i am still waiting for the FXO port to arrive and until now still not able to integrate a Voip account i have on the internet.

So currently i have 2 real ip-phones, and 2 analog phone(s) on my fxs ports and some soft-phone(s) (IP-communicator).The Analog phones are able to show the CLID when connected to a normal pstn line, but as mention on the fxs port i don't see any information. The cp tone is set correctly on both port (both NL as i live in the netherlands)

Try checking 'send display IE' on the H323 or MGCP configuration in CUCM.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: