Certificate Validation

Unanswered Question
Jan 10th, 2009

Hi all,

i have a doubt

i completed the CCNP in 2009 & going to do CCIE in 2011 & if its going to expire in 2013, then i ll be called CCNP or not

or i have to write ccnp again later after my ccie expiration,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
Giuseppe Larosa Sat, 01/10/2009 - 12:20

Hello,

a CCIE written exam renews a CCNP certification so during your path to CCIE you will renew CCNP too.

Once it was different only a complete CCIE certification could renew a CCNP.

During the journey to the CCIE lab you are still a CCNP. Someone shows that he/she is a CCIE candidate meaning he/she has passed the written exam

Hope to help

Giuseppe

networking11 Sat, 01/10/2009 - 15:02

hi guislar,

Confused myself

My question is whether after my ccnp expire, my ccna will also be expired and then further i have to write the ccna & then the ccnp

rob.huffman Sat, 01/10/2009 - 17:02

Hi Anand,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Giuseppe. Let's say you passed your final CCNP on Jan 5,2009, this 642 level exam being passed gave you your CCNP Cert as well as renewing your CCNA for another 3 years. Both CCNA and CCNP are now valid until Jan 5,2012.

If between now and Jan 5,2012 you pass any CCIE Written or 642 Professional level exam both your CCNA and CCNP will be renewed for another 3 years. If you don't pass a CCIE Written or 642 Professional level exam before Jan 5, 2012 you would have to start over from scratch for both Certs.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion