Views
Helpful
Replies

Home Cisco 877 router and Cisco VPN issue

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 877 at home and I use the Cisco VPN client to connect to work. I could be using the VPN client for a while then I will then disconnect when I'm finished, but sometimes if I try to connect to work again later I get issues where it will connect but I can't ping anything, the only way to fix the problem is reboot my router or do a "shutdown" and then "no shutdown" on the ATM 0 interface.

What could it be, are there stale records or something on the router which get cleared on a reboot?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

joe.bennett
Level 3
Level 3

I found an issue with 12.4.22T trying to VPN into work - debugs showed that it was confusing the ESP packets coming back for work and thinking that they were trying to VPN into me. The firewall was dropping the incoming connections. Removing the crypto map from the dialer was a workaround but I eventually rolled back to an earlier IOS.

Hope that this helps,

Joe

Hi,

I'm on 12.4.20T what are you now running?

Also anychance I could have those debug commands and maybe your config. I'm pretty sure my config isn't the best but find it hard to locate anyone who has a 877W config. Seems things run much better if I'm cabled into the router rather than wireless.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card