cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME not using SSH protocol

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

I am using SSH in a large number of devices but still have the majority on telnet. I cannot get RME to use SSH to do RME jobs.

When I test the SSH devices' credentials from Device Center; they are correct.

I have the SSH protocol in the 2nd position on Config Transport Settings but the SSH devices are still failing.

This is the failure message:

ERROR:RME_CDL1031:Transport session to device failed TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.xxx.x.xx - Cause: connect timed out.

I know it is trying telnet first, and I want it to on the bulk of my devices but how can I get RME to use the SSH transport settings for the ones that I have transitioned to SSH?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a CDL error, meaning that this is for config downloading. Make sure that you have set the transport order for the operation you're trying to do (i.e. Archive deploy, Netconfig, or Config Editor).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a CDL error, meaning that this is for config downloading. Make sure that you have set the transport order for the operation you're trying to do (i.e. Archive deploy, Netconfig, or Config Editor).

Sorry to respond like rocks but I don't know where to do that. I thought going to Admin>Config Mgmt>Transport Settings was the right place...

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

I see it! I just saw the drop down box!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: