Hi, i want to ask if it is the safe way if i do fallback in MCS (HP Blade) using RAID feature?
I was told by server guy that fallback can be done using mirroring by RAID 0+1.
The sequence is like below :
Before updating CCM :
1. shut down MCS
2. Remove one of two harddisk from its tray as backup
3. Turn on MCS
After updating MCS, if the update succeed :
1. just put the backup harddisk back to its original tray to get mirrored from updated harddisk.
After updating MCS, if the update fail :
1. Shut down MCS
2. Put the backup harddisk back to its original tray.
3. remove the updated harddisk (fail one) from its tray
4. turn on MCS
5. Put the failed harddisk back again to its original tray to get roll back
Is the sequence action already right?
Yes, your sequence of events is correct for both successful and failed updates. I have had to go through both scenarios and have had no issue with any of our servers.
Please rate if helpful