Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Authentication Codes

karthiksr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In call Manager, I knew that FAC can can be applied for the route patterns.But pl clarify me whether, FAC can be configured for a particular user or Ip phone.

The version used is 6.0

Regards

Karthik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1. Define a new partition (SAY PT-FAC).

2. Define the route pattern (new one, you can define more then one RP with same pattern ) for which you want to implement FAC, enter FAC level for this pattern as well.

3. Associate PT-FAC to the crated pattern in step 2.

4. Create a new Calling Search Space and associate PT-FAC and all other required Partitions.

5. Assign CSS to the any phone you want to implement.

By doing so you will have two route patterns defined for same number format, one that requires FAC and other doesn't both seperated with PT and CSS.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

iftikharsyed_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can do so by defining same route pattern assocated with a new partition then calling search space, Associate the new defined calling search space to intended user.

HTH

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Hi Syed

Thanks.

Can you pl eloborate?

Reg

Karthik

Hi,

1. Define a new partition (SAY PT-FAC).

2. Define the route pattern (new one, you can define more then one RP with same pattern ) for which you want to implement FAC, enter FAC level for this pattern as well.

3. Associate PT-FAC to the crated pattern in step 2.

4. Create a new Calling Search Space and associate PT-FAC and all other required Partitions.

5. Assign CSS to the any phone you want to implement.

By doing so you will have two route patterns defined for same number format, one that requires FAC and other doesn't both seperated with PT and CSS.

Thanks Syed.

Will try this and let you know.

Reg

Karthik

Hi Syed,

One more question for you. I have implemented FAC on Call manager and it works. I know user will hear two short "beep" before entering FAC. Is there anyway we can program call manager to make a anouancement something like "enter you password after beep"? I have most users complain that they don't know what to do after two beep. Thanks for your help.

Steve

Hi,

Dear Steve, I didn't found any parameter for your request. What I have found is you can change the Text that is displayed on IP Phone when it prompts for Authorization code.

You can change the test from "Service parameter" by selecting your call manager server and then "Call Manager" service and changing "Forced Authorization Code Prompt Text"

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Thanks! I will try that.

Steve

Hi Iftikhar,

I can't find change "Forced Authorization Code Prompt Text" under "call manager" service in my call manager. My version is 4.1(3). You sure this feature is available in this version? BTW, do you know if Call Manager has cap on the number of FACs?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

We have this option in call manager 6.0, I am sorry because i am not fimiliar with call manager 4.3.

we have more then 700 FACs configured in CUCM 6.0 without any issue.

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Hi Steve,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Iftikhar (+5 points Iftikhar)

This Text setting should be available in CCM 4.1(3)under;

Service> Service Parameters> Publisher IP Address> Service = Callmanager> Service Parameters Configuration> Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)> Forced Authorization Code Prompt Text*

Here is another helpful guide;

Forced Authorization Codes (FAC) Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00807d11d4.shtml

There is no maximum number of FAC Codes that I have ever heard of, the max digits is 16 so there should be that number of permutations available.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Why I don't have that option? My call manager is running 4.1(3)sr4d and ccm admin ver 4.1(0.11). Am I missing something on CCM?

Thanks!

Steve

Hey Steve,

I just searched CCO and NetPro for any related info and found someone who couldn't find this setting on their 4.1(2) deployment either. I don't have a 4.1(x) box setup here so I can't look for this text setting. Have you checked the Enterprise Parameters?

Rob

thx for valuable comments rob,, i have 413 (sr5b) but this fac prompt is not there,, not even in enterprise parameters

Hi,

Is there any scalable 3-party solution to provide 2000+ extension based FAC ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: