Views
Helpful
Replies

Best camera for Cisco Video Advantage

jmaat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a camera which is having the best specifications for Video advantage. It looks like the Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 is the one. (1600 x 1190 with 30 fps) Does anyone have experience with this camera or who has good experience with a camera which is not listed in the "tested" camera list:

Cisco VT Camera II

• Cisco VT Camera

• Logitech QuickCam Fusion

• Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro

• Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000

• Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision

• Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000

• Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 Webcam

• Creative Webcam Live Pro USB 2.0 Webcam

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

8 Replies 8

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Jeroen,

I've had pretty good luck with the Logitech QuickCam Fusion. It's not the best on the list, but works well for me.

HTH,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We tried several models which are not in the list. They all worked. The only problem is that the Video Advantage narrows down the format. I tried the Logitech Quickcam Sphere AF. In the Logitech application it's a great Webcam in with HD quality but these are the Specifications of Video advantage:

• H.263 and H.264 video codecs: Bit rates from 50 kbps to 1.5 Mbps

• Video formats (up to 30 frames per second): 352 x 288, 320 x 240, 176 x 144, and 160 x 120

• Interoperable with most third-party H.323 video terminals from verified IP video telephony partners

So it's only working at 352 x 288. I hope the next version of Video advantage is able to increase the resolution.

I would also like to know if there is a way to enable the camera automatically when a phone call is established.

I don't have a MCU to do video conferencing but is there a way to conference a none-video phone into an video conversation?

Thanks!

Regards,

Jeroen

I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks. Great qualitiy! Too bad the Unified Video Advantage Software narrows down the resolution to 352 X 288 maximum... Anyone knows if that is going to improve in the future?

Unfortunatly CUVA only supports upto CIF resolution. I have asked the BU many times if they plan on upgrading CUVA to support 4CIF but have gotten no positive response.

I suggest everyone contact thier local Cisco channel and partners and have them enter a PE request to Cisco for this functionality. If enough of us request it, they will build it.

HTH,

Jason

Second that. Add in the request for 64 bit support as well. It is very disappointing that TAC told me no ETA for 64 bit.

Thanks for your response guys. I am going to issue the request(s). Would be great if they increase the quality. I don't suppose they will support it.

CIF 352 × 288

4CIF 704 × 576

zak.hadj.hsbc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You should try Microsoft Lifecam Cinema, it's cheap, very good quality and works perfectly with CUVA.

From my workstation, I use 2 Lifecam Cinema, one for CUVA and the other one for an HD H.323 Softphone.

HTH

currently i got 40 Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 Webcam, in the company, 3 sites, all time we could make video conferencing via mpls and with 800x600 and 1Mpx images. 2Mpx in the last driver only be used for static images or camera mode.

take that choice. less expensive, small foot print (size), small foot print (drivres are really small ones), and software associated it's really cool.

greetings