Heading for the CCVP----Question?

Unanswered Question

I acquired a CCNA in Sept. 2004. I recertified taking the 642-432 CVOICE test in May of 2007. I just took the CIPT1 (642-446) and plan on training and getting a CCVP. Now the question. Does the fact that I passed the CIPT1 class renew the CVOICE certification and my CCNA? If I take the CIPT2 test in a few months will that renew all three?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Giuseppe Larosa Mon, 01/12/2009 - 12:27

Hello James,

each 642- renews the CCNA certification

and you should have at least three years to complete CCVP (may be more the requirement of three years for professional level achievement was present some years ago but I didn't find it now in cisco learning network)

But be aware that if you don't complete all the exams before June 24 2009 you will need to pass CCNA Voice.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe Larosa Tue, 01/13/2009 - 07:19

Hello James,

look here

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccvp/syllabus

Cisco has introduced these new CCNA specializations some mounths ago.

Before it was written that if you have a valid CCIE certification you don't need to take the CCNA voice after June 23 2009.

Sorry this is bad news I'm starting the CCVP path myself (I'm studying for CIPT 6.0 part1)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

mhasabal Tue, 01/27/2009 - 16:26

hello there.

just want to make sure i understand you correctly.

right now i am studying for my ccvp still abc part.

are you saying i have to complete my vp before June 23 this year.if not i have to take ccna voice? please help

tperrier Wed, 01/28/2009 - 00:41

Yes, after June 23rd, you'll have to pass an additional exam to become CCVP, the CCNA Voice.

nowcommsupport Mon, 02/02/2009 - 06:48

Hmm just looking for clarification - you need to pass CCNA Voice, even if you're half way through the CCVP syllabus? That's pretty ridiculous if you've already got CCNA!

nowcommsupport Mon, 02/02/2009 - 06:56

It seems more logical that anyone who starts down the CCVP track (IE, takes and passes one of the CCVP exams) before the June date, shouldn't have to go back and recertify in the CCNA qualification.

I agree, money probably does have quite a bit to do with it!

Actions

This Discussion