Views
Helpful
Replies

PVLAN with bandwith capping

madanhari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ive created Primary vlan and ive associated secondary vlan to primary vlan on an 6509 ios .In Primary vlan ive given the ip address and secondary vlans has been associated with different customers respectively having a common gateway ie primary vlan ip.Now i would like to limit bandwidth (in and out both ) for individual customer (ie. individual Secondary VLANs).Can any one help me out on this considering 3750 and 6509 .

Any help & best practice suggesstion would be appreciable.

Regds

Madan

1 Reply 1

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

What you are after is policing. Here is a link on configuration guide on Policing:

Policing allows you to rate limit incoming and outgoing traffic so that it adheres to the traffic forwarding rules defined by the QoS configuration. Sometimes these configured rules for how traffic should be forwarded through the system are referred to as a contract. If the traffic does not adhere to this contract, it is marked down to a lower DSCP value or dropped.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1547950

Be forewarned that I've checked the PVLAN requirements and it does not mention that QoS or policing is not supported but I have not tried in myself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card