cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplex IPCC Ent. How I can test of fault tolerance?

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

I have duplex side A and side B IPCC Enterprise.

I have 2 questions:

1)How I can test of fault tolerance? Can you give me some examples?

2)What steps shoul I do to make me sure that side A and side B are replicated each other.

3 Replies 3

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Well,

Looking at the ICM process figure out which side is active, plan a window, and use ICM service Control to stop thats sides process, and make sure the other side takes over as the active side, and test some calls. Make sure the business knows your going to be doing this, and its not during live hours, although it should be fast, there will be some guarenteed interuption for some seconds.

As far as testing replication, if it running both the histlogger and conf logger processes successfully on the server its working. I just had them lose replication and these rpocess crashed continuosily until I fixed the SQL DB on the unreplicated side.

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Chad

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Well,

Looking at the ICM process figure out which side is active, plan a window, and use ICM service Control to stop thats sides process, and make sure the other side takes over as the active side, and test some calls. Make sure the business knows your going to be doing this, and its not during live hours, although it should be fast, there will be some guarenteed interuption for some seconds.

As far as testing replication, if it running both the histlogger and conf logger processes successfully on the server its working. I just had them lose replication and these rpocess crashed continuosily until I fixed the SQL DB on the unreplicated side.

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Chad

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

The better way to test this is to disable the network switch port used for the private and public traffic of one side.

This would give you a complete failover scenarios.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: