Views
Helpful
Replies

Route manipulation/route maps on ASA

Carlo Zaina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

A site is connected to internet through 2 different ISP.

The traffic flows from the LAN to internet across an ASA forwarding then the traffic to router 1. I wish now the traffic from network A to be forwarded to router 1 and traffic from network B to be forwarded to router 2.

I know this is accomplished with route maps, however i am not very familiar with them, especially on ASA.

Does anyone can enlight me?

Thank you anticipately

C

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK route maps are not supported on an ASA. One way to do it would be to create two different NATs, one for Network A and one for Network Bin your ASA. In your router you could use route maps to send each network out different interfaces.

Hope that helps.

In config mode, the asa allows to configure route map:

ASA(config)# route-map INTERNET

ASA(config-route-map)# ?

Route Map configuration commands:

exit Exit from route-map configuration mode

help Interactive help for route-map subcommands

match Match values from routing table

no Negate a command

set Set values in destination routing protocol

ASA(config-route-map)#

I dont know if it works like on the routers.

Thanks for teaching me something. They do support route maps. Here's a link on how to configure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/ip.html#wp1041629

It looks like you have to create an ACL matching the source traffic, then apply it to the interface. It's similar to a router.

It's the same chapter i read, however i am working with static routes, not with routes redistributions. It did not provide much help to me...

Furthermore, the ASA is not providing nat at the moment, since it is used for vpn L2L.

So you're looking to policy route the VPN traffic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card