cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to Connect 2 804 routers?

russnash
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for configuration information on connecting 2 804 routers across ISDN circuit? Currently have an 804 connecting to a 5300, we are removing the 5300 and installing an ISDN in its place. Need to be able to dial back to the new 804 to get on the network.

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Russ

It is certainly possible to have one 804 on an ISDN BRI call another 804 on an ISDN BRI, establish a connection, and to use that connection as a routed link to pass traffic between the 804s.

We do not have enough information about how your 5300 was configured and what functions it was performing to know whether the new 804 will work in the same way or not.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

possible to configure the 2nd 804 to just bridge?

5300 is configured for a PRI circuit with dialer groups. Each dialer-group is associated with an ip route. 804 is configures for DDR.

Russ

I do not understand your question about the second 804 bridging. It may be possible to configure bridging over the ISDN link but I wonder why do it and whether the additional complexity of doing that is worth the effort.

It would be much more simple to configure the ISDN as a routed link and route between the two 804s, assuming that doing this could satisfy your requirements.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

can you tell me where I can find an example of an 804 (or similar) router to router for an ISDN circuit?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: