Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE - guest privileges in reservationless meetings

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have installed a MPE system that will be used to host reservationless voice conferences only. No web interface is required for this particular install and the users will join and host meetings through the phone only.

The issue I face with reservationless meetings is that an MPE user can create a meeting and then have guests dial in and attend. However, when the guest joins there is nothing to stop them pressing the # button on their phone and accessing all the menu options such as creating a breakout room, recording the conference and even disconnecting the last party to join the conference.

I cannot find a way to restrict guest participants so that all they are allowed to do is join a reservationless conference and nothing more?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Any thoughts anyone?

Employees will have moderator privileges and can demote the guest to a participant role through the "full" or "participant list only" web meeting interface. I believe this will remove those call menu options.

But we are not using the web interface so this doesn't work.

It does seem odd that MPE allows guests to have this degree of control over the meetings.

Can anyone else that has a meetingplace express installation please test this out:

Log into a conference (scheduled or reservationless) as a guest and press #41 and let me know if you can lock the conference?

I really don't think that quests should be able to lock, record or eject participants from a conference.

It may be a setting that has been changed on my system but if it is I can't find out where to restrict guest privileges.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: